1. Course objectives
- To share knowledge and insights of Korea’s successful economic and social development in major policy areas
- To draw and present useful policy implications from the Korean experience for national development of developing countries
- To assist members of the Diplomatic Corps in enhancing their policy-making capacity and have a better understanding of Korea
- To serve as a forum for promoting friendship among the participants
2. Collaborating institutions
The Course is sponsored by SK Innovation and Youngone Corporation and also implemented in collaboration with such institutions as ASEAN-Korea Centre, Korean Council on Latin America and the Caribbean, Korea-Arab Society, and The Korea-Africa Foundation
3. Diplomats to be invited
Any member of the Diplomatic Corps posted in Korea is warmly invited to attend. Multiple participants from the same Mission are welcome.
4. Time and Period
Every Monday, 19:00 to 21:00 from September 9 to November 25 (12 weeks)
B5 Auditorium, NORTHFACE Building of Youngone Corporation 128, Toegye-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul
6. Public Transport and parking
The venue is located just in front of Exit No. 2 of Myeongdong Station, Subway Line No. 4. Automated parking is also available behind the building
The Course will be solely conducted in English.
- All the speakers have a senior career background as ministerial-level policy makers or served as Presidents of prestigious national think tanks.
- They have abundant policy implementation experiences and professional knowledge with PhD in their own respective fields.
- To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the following details: name of participant, diplomatic rank at the Embassy, email address, contact phone number.
- If you want to have more information on the Course, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 390 6213 / 390 6216
http://academy.sunforum.org (Please refer to the “Diplomat Course” in the right hand corner of the menu bar)
11. Welcoming reception
- Welcoming reception in honor of the participants will take place from 18:00 to 19:00 on the 9th floor, NORTHFACE Building of Youngone Corporation. (Please refer to the invitation).
- H.E. Lee Taeho, Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs, will attend the welcoming reception.
Certificate will be issued at the Closing Ceremony for those participants who complete the Course.